Tuesday 23 January 2018

Dice an Islamic view !

Praise be to Allah the creator of the universe!

Today my article will be about using dice( in Islamic view). As you know we use dice for many games or tosses,and a friend of mine asked me "are we suppose to use dice ?" which made me ponder and think a little and research on that topic, at first I thought that question was not appropriate later I found the answer for that question which I am going to share! These were the hadith I found which terrified me!



It was narrated by Muslim (2260), Abu Dawood (4939), Ibn Maajah (3763) and Ahmad, from Buraydah (may Allah be pleased with him), that the Prophet (blessings and peace of Allah be upon him) said: “Whoever plays with dice, it is as if he were dipping his hand in the flesh and blood of a pig.” 
An-Nawawi (may Allah have mercy on him) said:
The scholars said: This hadith was quoted as evidence by ash-Shaafa‘i and others for the prohibition on playing with dice.

Al-Bukhaari also narrated in al-Adab al-Mufrad (1274) from ‘Aa’ishah that she heard that the people of a household who were living in a property that she owned had some dice, so she sent word to them saying: If you do not throw them out, I will throw you out of my property. And she denounced them for that.Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Adab al-Mufrad (no. 1274)

And he narrated (1277) that ‘Abdullah ibn ‘Amr ibn al-‘Aas said: The one who plays with dice for the purpose of gambling is like the one who eats the flesh of a pig, and the one who plays with them without gambling is like the one who dips his hand in the blood of a pig.Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh al-Adab al-Mufrad (no. 1277).

From the above Hadiths I feel it is Prohibited and is better to avoid in any form. Jazakallahu khair. I wrote the article just to enjoin good and forbid evil...

“Let there arise out of you a group of people inviting to all that is good (Islam), enjoining Al-Ma‘roof (i.e. Islamic Monotheism and all that Islam orders one to do) and forbidding Al-Munkar (polytheism and disbelief and all that Islam has forbidden). And it is they who are the successful” [Aal ‘Imraan 3:104]

Allah knows the best.


No comments:

Post a Comment